-
October 21st, 2001, 08:17 AM
#1
Matt Pacini
Guest
Hey Roger, are you going to name it:
The UltraSuper8 Workprinter?
You could claim to have invented the format, then your name would be in obscure books 50 years from now, and it would say "also directed Jett Benny"!
Seriously though, this making the gate bigger that you're doing is really significant, and everyone thinking about getting the Workprinter should definitely consider this a huge step.
This goes a long way to somewhat equalizing the difference between Rank transfers, and a good Workprinter capture.
The increase in resolution of a Super 8 image can only be a good thing!
Matt Pacini
------------------
-
October 21st, 2001, 12:21 PM
#2
MovieStuff
Guest
I could emmulate Spike Lee, "It's a Roger Evans Joint".
Nah.
Anyway, I can only enlarge the gate big enough to show the entire super 8 frame. Unfortunately, the design of the pressure plate doesn't allow me to go out past the sound track area or there would be no metal left. So, no "Ultra Super 8". Sorry. But revealing the entire frame does increase the resolution a bit and that seems to be nice.
Also, I did some initial tests with the condenser lens last night and it's really sharp. I'll post some photos is a couple of days.
Roger
-
October 21st, 2001, 08:44 PM
#3
Alex
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
Hey Roger, are you going to name it:
The UltraSuper8 Workprinter?
You could claim to have invented the format, then your name would be in obscure books 50 years from now, and it would say "also directed Jett Benny"!
Seriously though, this making the gate bigger that you're doing is really significant, and everyone thinking about getting the Workprinter should definitely consider this a huge step.
This goes a long way to somewhat equalizing the difference between Rank transfers, and a good Workprinter capture.
The increase in resolution of a Super 8 image can only be a good thing!
Matt Pacini
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I guess I just pre-plagerized you because I just posted on another topic post my suggestion for a new name, almost identical to yours, which I am now seeing for the first time.
------------------
Alex
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks